Training programs at Fomen Nursing Assistant Training Academy are available for all dedicated medical students with prerequisites. Students are required to meet the criteria for acceptance into the nursing training program. Potential students must:
- Submit a completed application along with a $25 fee.
- Provide proof of being at least 18 years old.
- Provide evidence of having obtained a high school diploma or GED, or foreign equivalent. In the absence of high school documentation, the applicant must achieve at least a minimum passing score on the following sections of the Wonderlic Basic Skills: Verbal =200 and Quantitative = 210. Applicants who are unsuccessful on the entrance examination may complete a new application for the next program offering. Should applicants fail to pass the Wonderlic after two attempts, the applicant must wait 3 (three) months before trying again so that remedial help may be obtained. Wonderlic would be responsible for grading both tests and notifying the Admission Director of the results.
- Provide evidence of a negative Tuberculosis PPD test or chest x-ray result taken within one year prior to the training commencement date, and which indicates tuberculosis clearance. Fomen Nursing Assistant Training Academy shall keep a copy of the results for our records.
- Provide evidence of a physical examination taken within one year prior to training commencement. Immunization records must include Hepatitis B vaccination or declination information.